- RSS Channel Showcase 8102895
- RSS Channel Showcase 7996022
- RSS Channel Showcase 6020753
- RSS Channel Showcase 7840166
Articles on this Page
- 03/14/16--09:36: _Titanic Violin on D...
- 05/11/16--02:30: _Destination Beach W...
- 05/11/16--02:36: _With this ring…
- 05/11/16--02:37: _Small Town Big Tale...
- 05/11/16--02:37: _Small Town Big Tale...
- 05/11/16--02:40: _Small Town, Big Tal...
- 05/11/16--02:41: _Small Town, Big Tal...
- 05/11/16--03:00: _HER Community: May/...
- 05/11/16--03:00: _Sara Evans: Born to...
- 05/11/16--03:20: _HER DIY: Dated to D...
- 05/11/16--03:40: _HER Home: Hidden Tr...
- 07/10/16--14:00: _HER Profile: Margar...
- 07/10/16--14:10: _Chillin’ Cocktails
- 07/10/16--14:20: _A Fresh Take on Fis...
- 07/10/16--14:30: _Meat Masters: Chris...
- 07/10/16--14:40: _Meat Masters: Mark ...
- 07/10/16--14:50: _The Course of Women...
- 07/10/16--15:00: _Summer Fun
- 07/10/16--15:00: _HER Community: July...
- 07/10/16--15:10: _HER DIY: Fabulous F...
- 03/14/16--09:36: Titanic Violin on Display in Branson
- 05/11/16--02:30: Destination Beach Wedding: Carissa Loethen and Shanon Culiner
- 05/11/16--02:36: With this ring…
- 05/11/16--02:37: Small Town Big Talent: Kassi Ashton
- 05/11/16--02:37: Small Town Big Talent: Pax Baker
- 05/11/16--02:40: Small Town, Big Talent: Madison La Rae Durant
- 05/11/16--02:41: Small Town, Big Talent: Alex Dulle
- 05/11/16--03:00: HER Community: May/June
- 05/11/16--03:00: Sara Evans: Born to Fly
- 05/11/16--03:20: HER DIY: Dated to Dazzling
- 05/11/16--03:40: HER Home: Hidden Treasures
- 07/10/16--14:00: HER Profile: Margaret Schmitt of Pure Skin Care
- 07/10/16--14:10: Chillin’ Cocktails
- 07/10/16--14:20: A Fresh Take on Fish: Johnny Graham
- 07/10/16--14:30: Meat Masters: Chris Wrigley
- 07/10/16--14:40: Meat Masters: Mark Hyman
- 07/10/16--14:50: The Course of Women’s Golf
- 07/10/16--15:00: Summer Fun
- 07/10/16--15:00: HER Community: July/August
- 07/10/16--15:10: HER DIY: Fabulous Fabric Makeover
The Music Plays on as the Titanic Violin will be on display in Branson for an exclusive showing. The famous wreckage of the Titanic, first discovered in 1985 off the coast of Halifax, Nova Scotia, continues to speak from its deep grave in the North Atlantic. The many research and study expeditions to the doomed […]
Engaged on Christmas Eve 2014 at Nobu, a famous sushi restaurant in the iconic beachside community of Malibu, California, Carissa Loethen, and Shanon Culiner were married in March in Key West, Florida. A honeymoon in the Grand Bahamas followed their nuptials. The E! News Now host for E! Online in Los Angeles, Loethen (featured in […]
The post Destination Beach Wedding: Carissa Loethen and Shanon Culiner appeared first on HER Magazine.
Proposing, popping the big question, is usually a momentous occasion. Some guys spend months planning their proposal. Not Kyle Loethen. While shopping for an engagement ring at Helzberg Diamonds in Kansas City earlier this year, the company’s staff made him a proposal—if he chose a ring and asked his girlfriend to marry him in 48 […]
Kassi Ashton started singing before she could read. When she was 3 or 4 years old she sang “Mary Had A Little Lamb” on stage at a karaoke contest at the Moniteau County Fair in her hometown of California, Missouri. “All I’ve ever wanted to do is sing, and I was never shy,” said Ashton, […]
Whether inhabiting the roles of Countess Almaviva in the Show Me Opera’s production of Mozart’s “Le Nozze di Figaro” or the title role in Giacomo Puccini’s “Suor Angelica,” Pax Baker does so with gusto and passion. Opera singers are referred to as singing actors and that’s definitely true for Baker. A consummate performer, the soprano […]
Madison La Rae Durant has never been to Paris, but the city of lights inspired her first fashion collection. La Rae’s L’amour Paris collection of 10 couture and ready-to-wear fashions debuted on the runway during the 2016 Fall/Winter Kansas City Fashion Week, KCFW, at Union Station. Pretty heady stuff for any budding fashion designer, much […]
It wasn’t that long ago when Alex Dulle watched the glass blowers at Silver Dollar City and found her own creative fire for the art form. Now she’s making glass there as one of the hundreds of professional craftspeople employed by the well-known amusement park near Branson, Missouri. A dream come true for someone that’s […]
Paint the People 5K photos by Shelby Kardell SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital Baby Bonanza photos by Shelby Kardell Adam Sappinton’s Cookbook Signing at Capitol City Cork and Provisions photos by Kris Wilson First Annual Ladies Night Out Sponsored by News Tribune and HER Magazine photos by Shelby Kardell 2016 Firley YMCA Black & White […]
It has been 16 years since country music star Sara Evans released one of her highest-selling albums “Born to Fly.” The title track became one of her first solo No. 1 hits and remains one of her best and most autobiographical songs about growing up in rural Mid-Missouri and longing to spread her wings. The […]
Before/After Jill Bednar, owner of Southbank Gift Company, creates a dazzling zinc finish for a dated porcelain lamp. No priming or sanding necessary! Prep your piece by cleaning it with Krud Kutter® and paper towels. After cleaning your piece, wipe down again with a clean wet rag to remove any residual cleaner or debris. Now […]
Laura and Larry Coen were searching for a ranch style home on one level and they found it in a neighborhood north of Memorial Park. The house, built in 1956, hadn’t been updated in 30 to 40 years, so the couple modernized it with new paint on the interior and ceramic tile. “The house had […]
By the time Margaret Schmitt and her family moved to their current home in Barnett, between High Point and Versailles, she had already started her skincare business with only a few products. That was more than a year ago and since then she has created a complete line of organic skin care products, including lotion […]
On a hot evening chill out with these cool finds that bring a bit of a beach vacation to Mid-Missouri. J. Pfenny’s Sports Grill & Pub All of the slushy flavors on the outdoor upper deck at J. Pfenny’s Sports Grill & Pub can be mixed and matched and are identified with bartender Matt Worley’s […]
A long time chef who has cooked for celebrities like Bruce Willis, Rod Stewart and Keith Richards, Johnny Graham has also catered many local parties and events through his Revel Catering on High Street in the Historic Lohman Opera house. He has a second home in Martha’s Vineyard, where he once owned a restaurant and […]
Chris Wrigley With a decade of smoking meat under his belt, the process has become second nature for Wrigley. When Chris Wrigley smokes meat, he falls into a Zen-like state of relaxation. “You just concentrate on what’s going on and focus on that moment and everything else just disappears — all the troubles of the […]
Mark Hyman A two-time first place winner of the American Royal in Kansas City, MO. Mark Hyman was cooking in his backyard for friends when one of them urged him to enter a barbecue competition. Hyman, of Jefferson City who works at the Dollar General Distribution Center in Fulton, decided to give it a shot […]
It’s the second Monday evening of the women’s golf clinic at Turkey Creek Golf Center and owner Danny Baumgartner and Connor McHenry, a former State Amateur, are demonstrating the art of chipping. “The key is to let the club do the work,” said Baumgartner, discussing the use of the pitching wedge, 7 iron or sand wedge […]
Summer fun has never looked so good! Whether on the course or on the beach, these summer styles are sure to turn heads! All Fashions provided by Dillard’s. Locations: Turkey Creek Golf Center and the Katy Trail Tanner, 31, and Sofie, 30, met while attending William Woods University in Fulton. After graduating from the Doctor of […]
Cole County Historical Society Fashion Show and Luncheon photos by Julie Smith Cork, Fork and Brews at Capital Plaza Hotel photos by Annie Rice Magnolia Home Open House at JC Mattress Factory and Furniture Showrooms photos by Janet Ousley ColorVibe 5k run photos by Marty Beck Zonta Yellow Rose Luncheon photos by Julie Smith
Jill Bednar, owner of Southbank Gift Company, transforms a fabric bench with Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan. Don’t buy new! Just re-do, and tell your own story. Spritz fabric section with water to saturate so the paint brushes on smoothly. (Working in sections will assure your fabric doesn’t have time to dry before […]